Family - a photo and a layout ...

My mom snapped this photo the other day before we left for Darian's graduation ceremony. I know it's not the "perfect" family photo because Darian (the little stinker) refused to sit still and look at the camera, but honestly I absolutely love it! It shows US - who we are every day. Silly and happy and together. Us.


And here's a layout I created with this photo using some yummy papers from Black River Designs about our family.


These papers are from the Kelly's Garden collection and I just love how they all work so well together so I created a bit of a patchwork background with them and laid my photo and journaling center stage right in the middle of my layout.



I added some fun details with chipboard letters and shapes, word stamps from Unity Stamp Company, and felt flowers and pearls from Zva Creative.

7 comments:

~Lori Roop said...

This photo is lovely!! The l/o is fabulous!! The details and colors are just so sweet Lynn!

Yvette said...

Love this pic! What fun!!! Love your layout as well! :)

laura vegas said...

i LOVE that photo! it's almost more meaningful because of the fact that it's not perfect! and your layout is gorgeous. love the design ... and the little chipboard accents are perfect!

Heather M. said...

Oh I just LOOOOOVE that photo! :)
Beautiful layout to go with it!

FibreJunky said...

Actually, I think it is the perfect family photo. It shows personality.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hi Lynn!
Love what you did with your photo!!!

BTW - I came over for the Thursday blog hop, and ended up at this post...

Hope to see your hop one soon!!! (I know, I know, little miss impatient!)....

xo

Linda said...

What sweet photo I love the paper and those pink hreats.... hottie