In keeping with the theme of today's new release "Feel the Joy" (you can see it here on the Unity website) I have listed 5 things that bring me JOY. This list really could be a mile long but here are just a few of the joyful things in my life right now:
1. snuggling with my two boys under the covers on a cold winter day
2. reminiscing with my hubby about the days when we first met in high school and realizing how much our love has grown throughout the years
3. hearing my two boys play together and the silly conversations that go on between the two of them
4. reading a good book with a nice hot cup of coffee nearby
5. stamping and scrapbooking (that was a given, eh?)
My layout today features the gorgeous February Kit of the Month. You can see it here on the Unity website.
This kit is filled with all sorts of beautiful images. I combined a few of them with some yummy Basic Grey Ambrosia papers for this "grandparents" layout about my boys and my in-laws.
I love this frame! LOVE it! The houndstooth is just fabulous and all of the sentiments included in the kit fit inside the frame perfectly!
I used a very simple yet effective stamping technique called "kissing" to add pattern and texture to the butterflies on my layout. All you need to do is ink up a solid stamp image (such as the butterfly on my layout) and "kiss" it or press it together with another image such as a background or other textured stamp (I used Unity's Distressed Dots) for a wonderful effect on your original solid image. There are many variations on this technique such as using two different colored inks, etc but for my butterflies I just used a solid color of chalk ink for a little bit of texture and interest.
That's all I've got today folks. Now head on over to Miss Patter's blog for some more Hip Hop fun!