kindergarten

Hey everyone! I have a new layout to share with you today.  All this week on the Pebbles blog we've been focusing on "Back To School" themed projects.  Even though Pebbles does not have a specific back to school collection it is so easy to create a themed project simply by picking products with a primary color scheme ... namely the Fresh Goods collection. This collection is definitely one of my favorites and it was just perfect for scrapping these photos of my son Brandon on his first day of kindergarten.


I just adore the woodgrain patterned papers in this collection and the kraft woodgrain was a great neutral starting part from this layout.  I divided my page in half with my large title using the Typo Thickers from American Crafts.  Even after many years and many new Thickers these are still some of my favorites in terms of size and font and I have many (many, many) packages of these Thickers in my stash.  ;)



I love the dimensional stickers in this collection and added one near my smaller photos at the bottom of my layout to highlight my son's happy face.  He seriously was just so thrilled to go to school and still is ... in fact he told me this morning that he loves school and loves his teacher.  It simply made my heart melt.


I added quite a bit of journaling to this layout and printed it directly on the "B" side of the Fresh Goods Local Market patterned paper.  It is a great ledger design perfect for journaling or to use as the base of a layout.  And finally I added in quite a few of the toothpick flags - these are some of my favorite embellishments and are just so fun and easy to tuck here and there on a layout.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies used (click images for links):



2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

oh, this is GREAT! I have a few of these sheets in my hot little hands now! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Michelle said...

this is so darn cute!!! I can't believe he how big he is getting!! I think I need to hop over to 2peas and order this whole darn line!! Can't find it locally... Archiver's doesn't buy much Pebbles product and they are my only scappy store. I love the colors and patterns on this one!! Loved it from the first time I saw it when it was released on the blog!