Hey everybody! Welcome to the March edition of the Gardeners' Digest. The Garderners' Digest is simply a monthly update from the Garden Girls, the design team at Two Peas In A Bucket. It's a place for us to share what we're currently working on, inspired by, using in our projects, etc. A little diary of sorts for you to keep up with all of us on our personal blogs as well as over at Two Peas In A Bucket.
So I have to admit that I don't actually have any new projects in the works at this moment. I've been busy working on some other projects that are keeping me super busy. But I did just recently share two new projects that went up in the Garden in the last week. You can see my "under this roof" themed layout right here on my blog or here in the Garden. I was inspired by a quote from Pinterest and used it as the main focus of my layout. Here's a peek at my layout ...
I also recently shared a new Finally Friday video with a St. Patrick's Day theme. Even though St. Patty's day has come and gone you can definitely change up the card a bit to make it suitable for any occasion. I also show you how to easily create the fun starburst of colorful patterned paper featured on my card. You can see my card right here on my blog or here in the Garden. Here's a peek at my card ...
gallery at Two Peas is always so inspiring! I literally could spend hours there just staring at all of the amazing projects. This particular project by Kathy Martin caught my eye recently. I love the simplicity of the card and how she used both the positive and negative space of the punched hearts to convey her message. I love the tiny details as well - a heart shaped stick pin and a tiny heart to replace the "o" in "love" - further her theme and really make this card stand out. Thanks for the inspiration Kathy!
Next I'd like to share a few recent purchases I've made from the shop at Two Peas. With all of the new releases from CHA Winter the Two Peas shop has been hopping with new products arriving weekly. I may or may not have placed 3 orders just in the last week alone! So here are a few of my most recent purchases ...
- Silhouette Cameo (I know this is not necessarily "new" but I finally decided to take the plunge and buy one. This baby will be arriving at my house soon and I can't wait!)
- Jillibean Soup Alphabean Cardstock Stickers (My obsession with the perfect alphabet sticker continues with these little beauties. Of course I got one in every color! LOL)
- Doodlebug Designs Boys Only Collection (As a mama of two boys I'm always on the lookout for cute boy themed paper and this collection does not disappoint. The colors and patterns are just perfect for my two little men!)
- October Afternoon Sasparilla Collection (I've been waiting for this collection hit the shop at Two Peas and it has finally arrived. I love the deeply saturated colors and rustic theme!)
- Bella Blvd Designer Tape (One of my favorite companies has jumped on the washi tape bandwagon and I couldn't be happier. This teal striped tape is one of my favorites but who am I kidding? I LOVE them all!)
In some other fun news I just wanted to take a minute to mention the NEW Two Peas In A Bucket blog! If you haven't stopped by to check it out yet you really should. There are daily posts from Jamie as well as the Garden Girls and lots of great tips and topics. Also grab this cute little Two Peas blog badge while you're at it! :)
As my way of saying thank you for visiting my blog today I'd love to giveaway a $10 gift certificate to the shop at Two Peas In A Bucket. To be entered in this giveaway all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post. Be sure to include your email address and/or Two Peas username. Comments must be received by Sunday, March 25th at 11:59 EST. I'll announce the winner on Monday! Good luck!
Next you'll want to stop by Laura Craigie's blog and see what she's been up to. See ya soon!