PageMaps - September Reveal + a New website!


Hey sketch fans, have you been over to PageMaps today? It's the first of the month and we all know what that means—new sketches (and card sketches, too)! But this month there's even more. A fresh, new look and loads of wonderful changes have taken place behind the scenes over the past month, and all of them were revealed today. From "click to enlarge" artwork to the new PageMaps U education program, I invite you to stop by PageMaps and check them out!

This month I created both a layout and a card.  Here's a look at the layout sketch I was given and the layout that I created ...

 

I took advantage of the blank space in the lower right corner below the photos to create a little super hero scene using fantastic products from the Amy Locurto Superhero collection for Pebbles.  These papers and embellishments are just TOO cute and perfect for my "super" little guy, Brandon.  I used die cut stars using the Potpourri Die Set by Becky Fleck for Spellbinders.  They had just the right whimsical feel for this fun layout. 



I loved the idea of a hidden journaling tag as sometimes there is just not enough room on my layout for journaling or it doesn't quite work with the design.  I popped up the orange patterned paper with dimensional adhesive leaving room for the tag to easily slide in and out.


I also created a card for this month's reveal.  Here's a look at the card sketch I was given and the card I created ...


I loved the little rows of embellishments on the sketch and decided to recreate that look using several rows of hanging tags cut using the Charmed I'm Sure Die Set by Becky Fleck for Spellbinders.  I cut several different tags from the I Heart Summer collection 6x6 Paper Pad by Simple Stories.  I tied each row with baker's twine and added my sentiment to my heart tags using Basic Grey Micro Monogram Stickers in white and colored with a red Copic marker. 

Supplies used (click images for links):




No comments: