Hostess with the Mostest!

Happy Monday! I am so excited to be the "hostess" this week over at the Pebbles blog. I decided to kick things off with a fun challenge. How many of you out there own a die cut machine? Or maybe MORE than one? Yep, I most certainly fall into the latter category - I admit it! LOL So how often do you actually USE that die cut machine? If you're like me it's certainly not enough. So my challenge to you is to break out that die cut machine and give it a starring role on your next paper crafting project.

Here's a layout I created for this fun challenge using the Lil Buddy Collection from Pebbles. LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors of this collection!


Okay so those of you out there that know me and my family know that Darian is not "technically" five yet since his birthday is August 24th but I took these photos a few weeks ago to use as his 5 year portraits and that's close enough for me! LOL


I love using the shadow feature on my Cricut Expression when cutting letters, numbers, and shapes. It gives the die cuts so much more oomph - don't ya think?


And check out this totally cool number border from the Graphically Speaking cartridge. Seriously I have just been WAITING for a birthday since I bought this cartridge so I could make a layout using this border - so cool!

Well that's all I've got for today. Head on over to the Pebbles blog to see what some of the other design team members have created for this challenge. And keep checking back with the Pebbles blog this week. On Wednesday I'll share some of what is inspiring me lately and on Friday I'll share some of my hand stitching tips and tricks! See you there! :)

5 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Lynn LOVE the LO - and that number border is AWESOME :)

laura vegas said...

gorgeous layout lynn! just love the colors and those papers! i want that graphically speaking cartridge so badly ... such great designs on there. but then i guess i'd have to get a cricut. lol!

Mrs. B. said...

Lynn, I love the colors, too! I don't have a cricut... wonder if I can do that shadow effect with my Silhouette???

LRH said...

The link for the pebbles blog shows something from Christmas 2000. Is there another link??

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Your layout is beautifully designed. That paper collection by Pebbles is just too cute.