shiny happy people

Remember that song from R.E.M.?  That was one of my favorite songs growing up (did I just date myself?  LOL!).  That song was the inspiration for this layout about Darian.  He IS one of those shiny, happy, people.  Always smiling and beaming from within.


I used more of the Quilting Bee kit from Studio Calico for this layout.  It was fun to make - just one of those "for me" pages that I don't have to really worry about and can just enjoy the process.


I used one of the wood veneer frames from the kit spritzed with a little orange mist to frame this photo of Darian.  Just look at that face!  LOL!


And here I jumped on the banner bandwagon and added one of my own to this layout using the adorable banner stickers from Sassafras.

I just wanted to point out the little formspring box over on the left sidebar.  I get a lot of questions asked to me in blog posts etc but blogger doesn't have a super cool email feature like typepad does so a lot of times I don't really have a great way to answer them.  I saw my gal pal Kelly Goree had this on her blog and I thought it might be a great solution to this problem.  So ask away!  :)

6 comments:

lori said...

i love your layout....

Marlene said...

Your layouts are always so BRIGHT and fresh! Love them.

Glynis said...

First of all I have to say thanks (sarcasticly) for getting that song trapped inside my head LOL!! What a great layout. I love how you highlighted the photo with that punchy orange circle :O)

*reyanna* said...

That question bar is a great idea! Awesomeness. :-)

Love your layout! I'm glad you did it stress-free! LOL. It is nice sometimes to just not *think* and create. Funny, I feel more creative that way. WHY?! LOL. It must be the pressure... ;-)

Michelle said...

I love your page and am glad you just scrapped for "you" for once!! I just love all that you make. I really need to break out my sewing machine and start machine sewing. It looks so wonderful

I have that song stuck in my head too...dates me as well!! LOL

beckyjune said...

LOVE how you used the SC kit. I have mine sitting in my craft room waiting for me. I really like that you painted the veneer orange. So cool! Oh, just so you know, if that song dates you, it dates me, too. Did you dance to "Stand", too? I bet I could still do that one.