sourpuss

Happy Monday everyone!  We had a LONG weekend here and truth be told I'm kinda thankful it's Monday and the boys are back in school again.  I need the break!  LOL! 

Today I wanted to share a layout I created using the NEW Old World Cabbage Soup collection from Jillibean Soup.  Love the colors of this collection and I think the lemon print paper has to be my favorite.  I decided to play off that paper a bit and create this layout of Darian and his sourpuss.  Seriously just look at that grumpy face!  I have no idea what I said or did that made him look at me that way but I'm glad I had the camera pointed his way to catch him in the act.  ;)


I played a bit with some vellum here as well.  I printed the definition of sourpuss on a piece of vellum, matted my photo on it as well, and then stitched it to the center of my layout.  I love how the vellum provides a subtle mat and a place for the words to lie but doesn't really interfere with the lines of the papers underneath. 


And of course my inspiration for my title and layout - that cute little lemon.  I punched it out from the lemon print patterned paper and popped it up with some dimensional adhesive.  I love running my titles over and into my photos especially if there is a lot of white space in a photo like this one here.  Again just a fun and easy way to tie all of the page elements together. 

That's it for me today.  I'll have another Jillibean Soup layout to share tomorrow so be sure to check back in!  :)

12 comments:

Ally said...

omgosh - LOVE that layout, LOVE Jillibean Soup. So glad they are continuing after first seeing them over a year ago at CHA. I fell in love immediately!

Unknown said...

love this one!! And remarkably, I'm good with Monday today too. :)

Marlene said...

Heehee...this is GREAT!! Love the lemon you threw into the title. PERFECT!

Lan said...

Your work is amazing, so much inspiration!

Keshet said...

Love this page--the colors are spectacular!

laura vegas said...

this layout is amazing lynn! i love all your layouts ... but this is one of my new favorites from you. the vellum is so cool on there ... and love the little lemon in the title. perfect :)

Unknown said...

This is another amazing LO, Lynn!!

Zarah said...

LOVE this, Lynn!!

Stéphanie said...

beautiful, love the creative title !

Donna said...

Oh, that layout is too darling. The lemon is too cool.

beckyjune said...

super cute, Lynn! Isn't that the cutest collection? I love it, too.

Suzanne said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!! LOVe the title!