snowshine

Snowshine.  There is such a word right?  No?  Well there should be because that's what happens when Darian gets outside in the snow.  He simply shines.  I don't know where he gets it from.  I am so not a cold weather kind of gal.  Quite frankly winter sports scare me.  I nearly had a heart attack every time I had to sleigh down the hills by our house with Brandon this winter and quickly taught that boy to go down by himself  not so much for his independence but for my health and sanity!  LOL  And while Salar likes the snow he's not a real snow buff either.  But Darian?  That kid LOVES the snow!  I mean REALLY loves the snow.  And so a layout is born ...



I used my brand new Studio Calico kit for this one.  It just arrived yesterday and usually I tear open the box, fondle all the goodies (yes I do fondle LOL), and put everything away neatly to be used at a later date.  But this time I decided I was not going to put anything away until I at least scrapped a page ... or two or three or ...  The navy lace doily paper (a SC exclusive) is what started this whole layout since it looked like delicate snowflakes to me.  I loved the idea of incorporating some muted yellows and oranges to contrast against the blue and play off the word "shine" in my title.


I played with some mists on this layout.  It's hard to see but the vanilla cardstock is actually misted with Silverplated Maya Mist and gives it this really great shine.  The newsprint paper (from Studio Calico) was misted with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pumpkin Pie as well.


I used a Dear Lizzy rub on for the "o" in snow and for my word "shine" in my title.  The other letters are from the June Bug collection by Basic Grey and were a part of an older Studio Calico kit.

That's it for me today.  Darian has been sick and so both boys have been home from school for the past two days.  All while Salar is in Las Vegas having a guy weekend.  Hmmm ... not sure about the timing of it all (hee hee!) but all I know is that if he does win big some of that money is coming to me!  Right honey?  ;)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

You are funny!!! Hope he does win big, so you get some!! :) Hope the boys feel better. And always.. I love this page too!

Marlene said...

I'm so not a winter person, either. Beautiful layout!

Unknown said...

Love the layout!! I thought they looked like snowflakes too!

Keshet said...

Beautiful layout! Love how yo used the wood veneer!

laura vegas said...

great design on this one lynn! i love how it all goes across the middle of the page. i'm not a fan of the snow either ... which is why i'm so glad that i live somewhere that never sees it. lol! hope the boys feel better today ... and that the hubby brings you some winnings home ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the layout - the pic is fantastic and those yummy SC papers are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adore this LO!

Heather M. said...

this is gorgeous! i love how you did that great title and the framing of the photo! my dd is a real snow lover too.